Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes Vol.1 :)

So this is my first time at this but I loved the idea of a "week in review" type post. Plus, lists make my heart happy. :)

-1-
Juls got tubes in her ears this morning. Over the past year she has had 7 ear infections. 
I seriouslyfeel like I pay the pediatrician's salary! 
This should give us close to a year w/out ear infections! 
Yay for modern medicine! :)

-2-
Playdates are Stay at Home Moms' excuses for adult conversation! The Pittsburgh Catholic Mom's Group has allowed me to meet some amazing women over the past 2 years. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to surround myself w/faith-filled women and give my daughters friends w/similar morals. 

-3-
Technology Rocks! I figured out that I can deposit checks FROM MY PHONE! Say what? Amazing! Okay, it's cold here and to get myself and 2 kids out the door in the snow/ice/sleet is not happening unless absolutely necessary! One less thing to worry about. Thank you! 

-4-
The Bible is incredible. Seriously, you should study it. I have been in a Catholic Bible Study for 3 years and have learned so much!Other Christian religions get on Catholic's case b/c we can't always quote scripture but the Catholic Church is so deeply rooted in scripture that we may not know book and verse, but it's alive in every aspect of our faith!  It never ceases to amaze me how the Old Testament foreshadowed the New so perfectly! How many men lived their lives prefiguring Christ for thousands of years and in just 33 years Christ fulfilled ALL that was written! Mind Blown!

-5-
I love to feed my family. My husband works hard so that I have the privilege to stay home w/our girls and I feel the best way to say thank you to him is to have a home cooked meal on the table when he arrives home. Pinterest has been a blessing for me. I can browse, pin, read, and plan all while nursing Miriam! 

-6-
Juls found a flower! She was so excited! First of the Spring!
I am ready for SPRING! It was 45 and sunny here the other day and we just had to get out of the house! For those in warmer weather states this is cold to you, but here in the 'burgh, it felt like summer! Juli has cabin fever as much as I do and didn't want to go inside, even after an hour of playing! 

-7-
My family on my wedding day! :)
I miss my family. We are all over the country, well the eastern half of it. My sister is due to have her first baby any day now and my brother and his wife are expecting their first in August. I savor every moment of the times we have together and look forward to the next visit from the moment we drive away. Friends come and go but family is forever!

Well, thanks for stopping in! Please make sure you visit Jen and get linked in w/all the others on their 7 QTs of the week! :)

2 comments:

  1. When the HECK did you start blogging (obviously in Feb, I know.)!?! Good thing you tweeted your 7QTs!! Um, this is my FAVE link-up. :) I have "met" some really cool Catholic ladies through them. And, Jen Fulwiler is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another Cath. mom blog to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete