Friday, July 11, 2014

7Quick Takes - photo drop

Because I have ALWAYS been more of a visual person than a writer (i need to find old pics of my childhood room, it was covered from floor to ceiling with (mostly attractive men) posters. A different story for another day!

But here's the past week in photos! Enjoy!

1
Fourth of July
Apparently parades are a normal thing to most people on the 4th, but growing up we never saw one. Then I moved to Pittsburgh right before we married and came to find out that it was Mark's favorite holiday and the parade by his parent's house is a tradition from his childhood that he still keeps! 
Prior to the parade is a 5k race that 9 of his family members participated in...his bro in law wheel chaired 3.2 miles. He's a winner in my book!





And parades are really exhausting events...


 2
The partied continued the next day at Mark's brother's house where they put on quite a bbq! There was water games, horse shoes, volleyball and MORE FOOD! 

And in the Gruber family, there's always a baby to hold. I pray it will be that way for as long as I'm alive!

Cousins.




Nothing says summer like water balloons, bonfires and cotton candy skies. 

3

So, Juliana begins official preschool in September! I was nervous because she's pretty advanced when it comes to talking, writing and counting and I didn't want her to be in a class with kids that had just turned 3 and were still potty training (no offense if that's your kid!)
Plus, she'll be 4 in October and is high energy, which needs to be directed in positive ways, otherwise...destruction!
But, her class list was printed when I went to pick up her packet and more than half of the class has end of the year birthdays and will be 4 before Christmas. 

4.
So, I'm not sure if this a Pittsburgh thing but again, never had this growing up in MD...Church Festivals?

Every Catholic Church around puts on a huge (depends on size of church) carnival type event every summer. They last from 3-6 days and they are a HUGE money maker for the school. 
We went to the one at Samantha's school this past Monday (which is not our parish) and had a lovely time! Mark's bro and Juli's God-Father, Fr. (Uncle) Fred Gruber, met up with us and enjoyed some rides, funnel cakes, Rita's and socializing. 


One of Mark's other brothers is in Seminary to be an Oratorian Priest and he
was over our house for dinner before we left for the festival.
I love big Catholic families!

5
While at the Festival, I went perrusing through the Flea Market and got a super deal on a Janie and Jack skirt for Juls. 

These skirts run around $35-$40 and I got this for $1!!!!
Seriously, I love thrift shopping for the girls clothes!

I also spent part of the past week purging some of the clothes from the 15 bins of clothes that I have for the girls. Most of the clothing is sizes 3T and under!! I now have 2.5 trash bags full of clothes that I am going to consign in September at a Flea Market at Juli's school. And the girls still have WAY more clothes than I could ever dream of owning!

6
So...I'm crafty in the old fashioned way. Paper. Scissors. Glue and can even bake a thing or two and decorate it. But when it comes to computers, my husband takes the cake (no pun intended)! :)
I'm co-hosting a Baby Sprinkle tomorrow for a dear friend who's expecting her 3rd girl and I of course was browsing Pinterest looking for something to inspire me. I love making banner but we are having it at Olive Garden, so, that wouldn't work. 
I decided that we would give out a favor of  chocolate dipped pretzels covered in sprinkles and attached to it would be a tag "sprinkled with love"!
Cute right!
Now, it took some sweet talking and about 45 mins of my husband's night, but he made this
!!!!!

Yeah, that would have taken me 5 days and alot of unkind words to the computer, but he banged it out in less than an hour. 
Love him!! 

7
This isn't anything exciting except that I love finding my kids curled up on the couch with a book..

And the books almost as big as her! 

Have a happy weekend! :) Pop over to Jen's for more writing and probably less pictures! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment